|The Lumberjacks' Ball by Carrie Fancett Pagels, Cover by Cynthia Hickey|
The Lumberjacks' Ball Cover Reveal!!!
This is my brand new cover designed by Cynthia Hickey!!! And that's Rebecca Jane Daggenhart, the daughter of Lower Michigan store proprietors. Called "Janie" as a child, she was a pretty little blonde whose parents dressed her to the "T" to show off children's goods to their customers. But after surviving a brutal attack, Janie determines to avoid having attention called to herself. You'll notice there's no fancy gown for Rebecca Jane in this picture. She calls herself Rebecca Hart and has just begun running her own mercantile in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
It's 1891 in St. Ignace, Michigan, which is becoming a popular tourist destination and also has plenty of business to keep residents occupied. But will it also draw the wrong sort of clientele?
The Lumberjacks’ Ball Blurb
A decade after surviving a brutal attack, a mercantile owner’s daughter seeks to begin her life anew in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. A gifted craftsman wishes to leave his lumberjack life and seeks employment at her new store. When his presence dredges up memories she sought to suppress, she must learn to overcome her demons. Can affection grow between the cabinetmaker and the proprietress of St. Ignace’s newest business? And will they survive to attend The Lumberjacks’ Ball?
Blog Hop & Giveaways!!!
Stop by the SEVEN blogs and leave a comment for a chance to win the grand prize of a basket of surprise goodies!!! Giveaways of Carrie’s books at every blog stop, so leave a comment on each one!!!
Nancee Marchinowski - Perspectives by Nancee
Anne Payne - Stuff & Nonsense
Britney Adams - Buzzing About Books
Kathleen E. Belongia - Lane Hill House
Debbie Lynne Costello - Sword and Spirit
GIVEAWAY: One copy, winner's choice, to a commenter here to be chosen at random one week from today's posting. CHOOSE from:
1) The Fruitcake Challenge, released September, 2014. This story is Book #1 in The Christy Lumber Camp Series and will soon be having a new cover. It is also part of the Christmas Traditions Series. Endorsements from Serena Miller, Lisa Norato, MaryLu Tyndall, Julie Lessman, and a new one from Jen Turano! On the long list for Book of the Year at Family Fiction! Hit the #1 Spot in Christian Historical Romance in December on Amazon.
2) The Lumberjacks' Ball, pictured above, releasing April, 2015. Book #2 in The Christy Lumber Camp Series.
|Return to Shirley Plantation: A Civil War Romance|
3) Return to Shirley Plantation: A Civil War Romance
|God's Provision in Tough Times|
4)God’s Provision in Tough Times by Cynthia Howerter and LaTan Murphy, chapter contributed by Carrie.
5) Watch for an upcoming Cover reveal for my upcoming release Saving the Marquise’s Granddaughter from White Rose/Pelican (2015)!
Ebook or paperback copy choice for books 1-5.
6) A Cup of Christmas Cheer from Guidepost Books, hardcover only.
7) Family Fiction Anthology of The Story 2014 which includes my award-winning short story “The Quilt Contest”, paperback only.
International Winners - ebook only of one of books 1-5.
Leave a comment on EACH blog to win a giveaway on that blog. ONE Grand Prize winner will receive a basket of goodies from Carrie. That person needs to leave a comment on EACH one of the Blog Hop stops!!!
Carrie Fancett Pagels, Ph.D., is an award-winning Amazon bestselling author of Christian historical romance. She served as a psychologist for twenty-five years. Carrie lives in the Tidewater Virginia area with her family. When not writing, researching, blogging and enjoying tea, Carrie beads and reads—not necessarily in that order! And she's the administrator of Colonial Quills and Overcoming with God blogs.