Pages

24 December 2013

Teresa Mathews Reviews Snowed In by Carrie Fancett Pagels



Our beautiful Carrie!


Snowed In 
by Carrie Fancett Pagels
Guidepost Publishing

In this sweet Christmas story set in the beautiful snow covered Upper Peninsula of Michigan author Carrie Fancett Pagels sweeps us back in time to 1945. There we meet Elsie (Eliza) Clark a hard working nineteen year old trying to hold down two jobs and help take care of her three younger sisters; Ruby, Jean and Nelly. When those three precious girls show up at Elsie's work she knows something is wrong but never would she have dreamed it was because their father had abandoned them, especially just days before Christmas.

Henry Williams a veteran of the Battle of the Bulge, absolutely adores Elsie, so when he hears of her predicament he knows he has to find a way to help them. Knowing Elsie and her sisters have no where to live now that their father is gone Henry offers to take them to his Grandma Danner's cabin. When they arrive his Grandma welcomes Elsie and her sisters with open arms. When Henry leaves to go back to town he promises Elsie he will be back for Christmas, but when a horrible snowstorm hits and Henry's car won't start will he be able to keep his promise?

I love reading Carrie's books, each one has touched my heart. It seems the more I read the better they get and I didn't think that was possible! Snowed In is extra special because it is based on Carrie's Mother and Father's love story. If you are looking for a heartwarming Christmas read you really need to grab this beautiful set of books. There are other wonderful stories by various talented authors in this set but I seem to find myself partial to Carrie's...hmmm....I wonder why! :-) Thank you Carrie for making my Christmas a lot brighter with this amazing story of love and selflessness.

You can find this at guideposts.org.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful review, TERESA! I hope to read several of the stories in this book this week, but I will start with Carrie's, of course. I have wanted to read it last weekend, but didn't get to it. Your review tells me to pick it up right away. ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARIAN you'll love it especially during Christmas week. We NEVER get snow in SC during Christmas so reading this I was able to pretend we had snow for Christmas!! :) Such a wonderful story!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful review, TERESA! I'm sure Carrie will be touched by it..I am and I didn't even write the story. lol We are so proud you, CARRIE, and love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DIANA!!! YES we are proud of CARRIE and we love her beyond words!!!

      Delete
  3. All right you Angels!!! This was completely unauthorized!!! That was really sweet of you Teresa!!! It is great that they finally got the books back in stock again. And I am touched as Diana says, except in the South we are supposed to say "Carrie's a might Tetched!" LOL Love you OWG angels too and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CARRIE so glad I surprised you!! I loved your story so much I couldn't wait another day to do a review for it!!
      Merry Christmas our Angel Carrie, can't wait to see you!!

      Delete
  4. Another lovely review, Teresa. This was as heartwarming a story as they come. And Kudos on getting all the girls' names, too. LOL I skipped that part in my review. :) Too much margin for error with my brain fog.
    Makes me want to read it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KATHLEEN I know ALL about brain fog....except in my case I think I am like the scarecrow and I NEED a brain!! lol I want to take the time to re-read it again too, maybe after Christmas dinner is over tomorrow. :-)

      Delete
  5. Almost time for bed - and to read Carrie's story. Been waiting for Christmas Eve to read it so I would have something to look forward to. The weather just got cooler in NC, so I know it will be a good read in a warm bed!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUSAN it has gotten cooler here in SC finally, it has been too hot for Christmas this year! I know you will enjoy CARRIE's book. :-) Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Google Analytics