Pages

16 May 2013

Marian Baay's Top Picks for Summer Reading 2013

Vacation in Portugal 2000

Here are some books I really enjoyed reading this year and I'm sure you will enjoy them too. 
All of them will make a great Summer Read!
Click on the titles to find the books on Amazon.

In no particular order.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Upon A Prince

Once Upon A Prince by Rachel Hauck

What girl has not dreamed about being a princess? Or to be loved by a handsome prince? I think all girls have - at least I have!

This is a fantastic read with lovely characters - an ordinary American girl meets a handsome prince!

____________________________________________________________

A Road Called Love

A Road Called Love by Murray Pura

Exciting and adventurous!
This story made me think about life and God, and what matters and what doesn't.
FOUR fat volumes - only $0.99 each through June 1st. So, grab them while they're on sale!
This summer also available in paperback.
____________________________________________________________

Stealing the Preacher


Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer

Not only a fabulous cover, but a lovely read as well!

Yes, when I saw the cover I was completely in love. But reading the book brought even more pleasure than I imagined!

____________________________________________________________

The Heiress of Winterwood

The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E. Ladd

I immediately fell in love with characters Amelia and Graham. They're strong characters with flaws--which they must overcome. A good plot and good writing.
A very nice debut novel!
____________________________________________________________

Cry of Freedom Series
Cry of Freedom Series

If you like to read about the American Civil War then you should read this fantastic series. Many great authors writing unique stories. Our own Carrie released the first wonderful story in this series Return to Shirley Plantation, Murray Pura was second with his story The Last Waltz, and Kathleen L. Maher's Bachelor Buttons was third.
More stories will follow - all worth the read!


All stories are on sale for only $0.99 through June 1st, so grab your copy today!
____________________________________________________________

The Well

The Well by Stephanie Landsem

I enjoyed this book immensely! The writing is excellent, the plot well done, and the author has such a lovely voice!
And the characters...they're real, easy to love and to identify with.
From the first till the last page this book is a great delight to read!

This book will release on June 4 and is available for pre-order.
____________________________________________________________

The Reluctant Earl

The Reluctant Earl by CJ Chase

A story with all the ingredients to make it a delicious read; history, suspense, romance, and a believable storyline.

____________________________________________________________

Majestic and Wild


And last but not least I'd like to recommend Majestic and Wild by Murray Pura. Even if you're not going on an adventurous vacation this summer, you can go on a wonderful adventure in this devotional! The author will take you to some of the most beautiful places in the great outdoors of Canada and share some of his exciting adventures with you. His storytelling will draw you in and keep you glued to the pages. I'm sure you can't stop reading after only one story!

36 comments:

  1. Looks like some great ones. Blessings, Susan Fryman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list MARIAN! Am especially looking forward to reading Karen's 'Stealing the Preacher' and 'Once upon a Prince' by Rachel Hauck. I have to say, every one on your list is either one I've read, am reading, or want to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, NOELA. Hope you enjoy reading the books from this list you haven't read yet.
      When I was making this list I was surprised to see that I have been reading different books than most of the OWG gals did, except for the Cry of Freedom stories - I think most of us have read them all so far.

      Delete
  3. What a great list of books, Marian! You've chosen well. I'd not seen most of these on other reading lists, so kudos, dear! Joy Ross Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! Always great to see you stop by!! Yes, it seems I have read other books than most reviewers did.

      Delete
  4. Great list Marian! I've read Stealing the Preacher and I enjoyed this book so much! I have Majestic and Wild...bought that one for my husband. Just as soon as I give it to him for his birthday on Sunday, I plan to read it! Looking forward to reading some of the other books on your list too!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Judy. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm sure you will enjoy Majestic and Wild. It's just awesome!

      Delete
  5. I love the list and your post is so becoming and eye appealing! There are several on your list that I WILL read. It's just a matter of when. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! I also want to read several books from your list...it's also a matter of when... :/

      Delete
  6. MARIAN all of these sound so good...I have read a few of them but the rest are going on my overflowing TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the TBR list must stay overflowing, or it will get so boring. ;)

      Delete
  7. MARIAN!! Thank you so much for including The Heiress of Winterwood on your list! That is so kind of you ... it makes my day. :) Plus, your list has given me a few ideas of what I will be reading next ... my TBR list just got a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I really enjoyed your book. Great to hear you got some reading ideas from my list. :)

      Delete
  8. Honored to be included. Looks like a GREAT list!!! May your summer be filled with reading smiles. :)

    Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. MARIAN, I am SO blessed to be on your list! Thanks so much for including me!!! I have lots of these books on my list, too. I feel so humbled. God is so good. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Marian, what a GREAT list you have here!! I'm reading Once Upon a Prince now (and loving it) and I'm getting Heiress of Winterwood from the library, thanks so much for sharing your list :) It's such a joy seeing what books you and the OWG girls love to read or recommend, hugs and blessings Marian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara!! So happy to hear you're enjoying Rachel's book! And thanks for stopping by, my lovely friend. Blessings!

      Delete
  11. Looks like some good reads! I have read a few of those already too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That proves you have good tastes, Martha! :-)

      Delete
  12. I've read several of these! I didn't expect to enjoy the LI book (I don't usually) but I really enjoyed The Reluctant Earl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't enjoy them very much either, but CJ is a great writer, don't you think?

      Delete
    2. Thank you Marian and Anne and Carrie. It's really just an honor to have my name mentioned in the same breath (well, same post) as so many fantastic authors whose work I've admired and enjoyed.

      I'm so grateful for the encouragement of people like Marian and Carrie.

      Delete
  13. Yes, She captured my attention from the beginning! And I loved Sarah Ladd's novel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ's is on my best for the whole year, ANNE! I loved it! She is so good. I got to read Sarah's book as a crit partner and it was so good. I need to read what they did to the ending because they changed it!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Sarah's novel was awesome!!

      Delete
  14. And once again another great list! A few more to add to my list. :)
    Susan P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of these are on my TBR list!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marian, what an honor to be included among these stellar writers. I am humbled by your kindness. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics