Pages

19 December 2010

Maid to Match – Book Review

Written by Deanne Gist

Audiobook narrated by Suzy Jackson

www.recordedbooks.com

2010


 

Set at Biltmore mansion in Ashville, North Carolina, Deanne Gist once again delivers a wonderful story to the reader/listener. Characterization, as usual, is spot-on, and the story line richly complex. She delivers a satisfying ending and wraps up the many threads of the story. I particularly loved all the elements that brought authenticity to the people who live in the southeastern mountains, e.g., whittling little figures for the children (my Kentucky-born grandfather did that for us).

Maid to Match was a very satisfying historical romance and Ms. Gist an excellent storyteller as well as reliable in delivering the goods. I love to find a reliable author, one who won't disappoint me, and Deanne Gist is on my short list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics