Pages

11 May 2014


Happy Mother's Day





Mom's Love Letter

Finding out I was going to have you filled my heart with joy,
At that moment I didn't care if you were a girl or a boy.

I just knew that you were a precious gift from God above,
and that you were someone with whom I had fallen in love.

My love for you began to grow at that very moment in time, 
From then on you were the thoughts that filled my mind.

Thoughts of how glad I would be to hold you in my arms; 
To see your beautiful face and be awestruck by your charms.

Thoughts of the wonderful things you would say and do. 
From that day on all my thoughts revolved around you.

It's been many years now since that wonderful day; 
The day that you were born and you stole my heart away.

I have cherished every moment I have watched you grow 
Every year I've loved you more than you will ever know.

You've always been the love of my life and the apple of my eye
and my heart will always follow after you until the day I die.

        Love, Mom  

        Teresa S. Mathews(c) 2013
                                              

  For our sweet viewers that no longer have their moms with them I want to share another poem that I wrote for Carrie and Diana last year. 



A Message from Mom

My sweet child I wanted you to know 
even though I'm not with you anymore I still love you so.

I know that you miss me and would love to have me near, 
but Heaven is such a beautiful place and I just love it here.

I have forgotten all my worries, and I don't have a care. 
Everything has been joyful and I haven't shed a tear.

Honey I must tell you I'm now feeling right as rain,
there's no more sickness here and no more pain.

Since I got here I have seen so many wonderful, marvelous things, 
I've seen beautiful flowers bloom and heard the heavenly choir sing.

I've worshiped at the throne of the Almighty and seen Jesus too;
I've walked the golden streets and had angels in view.

I've rested by the river of life, and chatted with old friends,
I've even been at the gate to welcome new ones in.

My sweet daughter I love you and I'm waiting for the day,
when you will be up here with me forever to stay.

Until that time comes please keep holding on to Jesus' hand,
and He will see you safely through and bring you to this glorious land.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mom

© Teresa Mathews 2013


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Teresa! Thank you especially for the poem you did for Diana and me-- so touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was just going to say the same thing as CARRIE. Thanks so much for the lovely poem for those of us who have lost our moms. Very comforting and touching. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful poems Teresa, love them both!! So very sweet of you to write that lovely and thoughtful poem A Message from Mum for Diana and Carrie, and those who don't have their mums with them anymore. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both are beautiful Teresa. If our moms could talk to us I'm sure this is what they would tell us. Mine passed away Sept. 1992, 22 years ago. But, we never stop missing them. Love all of you. Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now catching up on posts I missed due to surgery - always enjoy your beautiful poems, Teresa, and they usually make me cry (as these did)!! Hope all of you OWG ladies were blessed on Mother's Day!! Love you ALL!!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics