Pages

20 April 2012

Diana's Corner: Prize of My Heart review


Prize of My Heart 
by Lisa Norato
(Bethany House, 2012)
4 stars ****

A Heartwarming Historical!

In Prize of My Heart, Lisa Norato has penned a heartwarming tale in the aftermath of the War of 1812; a tale of deceit, betrayal, honor, and love. After searching relentlessly, Captain Brogan Talvis, one of the bravest privateer captains during the war has his heart set on but one goal; to retrieve the son his late wife abandoned several years before. He discovers that his son was adopted by a wealthy shipbuilder, and is being lovingly taken care of by the man and his lovely daughter, Lorena Huntley, and intends to spirit his son away from them no matter what the cost.

Lorena finds herself intensely drawn to Brogan, quite unaware of what he is after and that he is also a man of many dark secrets. Brogan, in return, is oblivious of the fact that Lorena fosters her own deep, dark secret, and finds himself falling for this sweet, Godly, young woman. Will their secrets destroy the sparks of love igniting the two of them?...and when Lorena is in danger will Brogan choose to save her in exchange for the son he has so longed for, all these many years? Will he ever submit his tormented soul to the loving God Lorena serves? 

This was truly a lovely story of forgiveness, redemption, and second chances; with characters who wrapped themselves around my heart from pg. one! Lisa is a marvelous writer, and her research for the setting in this novel was impeccable. I love that there was a deep spiritual thread throughout, and though the conclusion was somewhat predictable, I enjoyed the journey there. Very nicely written, Lisa, and I am expecting great things from this author in the future!


Prize of My Heart is available for purchase on Christian Book DistributorsAmazon, and other book stores.


GIVEAWAY:  Leave a comment and your email to be entered in this week’s contest to win a copy of Lisa's novel.  Drawing will be late Saturday.  Your choice of format.


37 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fascinating story.......have not read a book by Lisa. Would love to be chosen to receive her book and add it to my library.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, JUDY! This is a keeper for sure! I hope you come back and leave an email addy, so we will know where to contact you, should you win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Diana! Is Brogan brooding, 'cause you know I love a brooding hero ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At times he is, ANNE! LOL! Brooding or not you will love him whatever he is doing...he is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIANA and ANNE I needed a good giggle this morning after the week I've had. Diana I love your review! The "igniting sparks" and "brooding heros"...I LOVE IT!!! WELL DONE!!!

    This was a wonderful story, Lisa is an excellant author and I can't wait to read more from her and ANNE when Lisa reads this she might have a "BROODING" Hero in the next one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful review, Diana! I haven't read any of Lisa's work...looks like I may need to start! "Prize of My Heart" sounds like it would be a great summer read! My e-mail: bbrasco01@wyoming.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooo looking forward to reading this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your kind words, ladies, and special thanks to Diana for your review. I enjoyed reading it again. Anne, I would say Brogan is a bit of a brooder, but mainly he is a man of action. But I will definitely keep your love of brooding heros in mind, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BARB, great to hear from you, gf! Is it finally warming up in the beautiful state of Wyoming? BARBARA is my hero ladies. You wouldn't believe the frigid temps she goes jogging in! Not this lazy woman who can barely stand 60 degree weather...I'd be wrapped up in a blanket by my fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. TERESA, we have missed your lovely face and cheerful comments. Anne is such a funny lady. Brooding heroes... I imagine she loved Rochester in Jane Eyre then, because he definitely brooded. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so welcome, LISA! Brogan was a most swoonworthy hero, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DAWN, here's hoping you will get a copy in your hands soon! Also hoping you will come back and leave your email addy, should we draw your name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A slow warm up up here in God's wonderful Wyoming Tundra...snow again just last week! I always figured I would preserve better up here in the cold! It's a good thing I'm a winter person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diana, please sign me up! Thanks!

    Salena
    srstormo at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snow last week! YIKES! I don't think I would preserve well in that kinda cold. My skin looks like an alligator during our winters here in SC, and it doesn't get anywhere close to the cold you all experience, BARB. I have to exfoliate big time! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want this one! Thanks Diana! and congratulations Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SALENA, gotcha covered! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, MARIAN! Are you reading today? It is really gloomy here in SC today...a perfect reading day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. DEBRA, I REALLY want you to have this one! LOL! I want EVERYONE to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This book really does having "sticking power" which I am finding is something I want to start including in my own reviews. Great job, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gloomy here too. I'm reading a fabulous book... at least so far... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, when you get done, please message me about it, MARIAN. Love hearing about fabulous books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Christian historical romance and this book sounds like it is RIGHT up my alley! I would love to receive a copy of this!

    keri@mkroth.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. KERI, thank you for coming by! This is a wonderful book that I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy. Lots of luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Prize of My Heart sounds like a touching, romantic adventure. I'd love to be entered!
    worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. It so is, MERRY! Count yourself entered and thank you for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, CARRIE! I also found your review on this book delightful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am more and more convinced that this needs to be the next book I read with every review!

    ecriggs1990(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. LIZ, we fully convinced you, eh? lol! Well, lots of luck in the drawing. Keep your fingers crossed, your eyes crossed, your toes crossed...better yet, say a prayer. That works better for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you everyone for stopping in to join us and read Diana's review. (Thanks again, Diana!) I appreciate the kind, encouraging comments and wish you all the best in the drawing. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great review, sounds like a great book.

    librarybooks at religious dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. RELUVBE, thank you for coming over, and I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love historical fiction and would love to read this.

    ladette[at]live[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics