Pages

30 January 2014

Marian Baay reviews DARK JUSTICE by Brandilyn Collins



Reviewed by Marian Baay

Hannah Shire—together with her elderly mother who is suffering from dementia—drives home after a weekend stay at a hotel. Beside the road they spot a car on its side and a man lying on the ground next to it. As a doctor’s assistant, Hannah rushes to his side. With his last breath, the man is trying to tell her something and fumbles with her coat pocket. Hannah cannot make any sense of the words the man is saying, but she understands not to tell anyone. So she does not say anything to the sheriff.

Back home she finds a flash stick in her pocket and when she checks to see what is on it, there is a video that shows some sort of machine—but Hannah does not understand what is happening in the video.
A short time later two FBI agents knock on Hannah’s door and demand to know what the dying man has told her. She finds the agents intimidating and rude, therefore she does not want to tell them anything. But she has already said she has a flash stick and regrets that the words slipped past her lips. When the agents leave, Hannah gives them a copy of the flash stick and keeps the original. Shortly after she learns that the FBI agents were fake, and when one of them returns at night with a gun, Hannah knows she must run for her life. She leaves in the middle of the night, taking her eldery mother with her. They drive for hours—not knowing where to go. Hannah’s daughter gets involved too and also has to run for her life. As the hours slip by, they seem to understand a bit more of what is going on, but they also do not understand anything at all.
Who are the Bad Guys chasing them? Who can be trusted? Where can they go? Can three women save America from disaster?

As usual Brandilyn Collins penned a highly suspenseful tale that kept me on the edge of my seat!

*Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a review copy through NetGalley.*

You can find Brandilyn's books at Amazon, CBD, and other bookstores.
___________________________________________

GIVEAWAY: We are giving away one copy of this wonderful book! Don't forget to leave your email so we can contact you if you are our lucky winner! International winners e-book only!! 

42 comments:

  1. Wow, this book sounds like it should be a movie!! Thanks for the great review MARIAN!
    Btw, I hope they can save America from disaster... I know a lot of nice people that live there.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I also know many nice people living there. ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm one of those nice people and I SURE hope they save America from disaster! :P

      Delete
    3. You could come to Holland...just in case. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review. This storyline looks very intriguing. Look forward to reading this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katrina. Hope you will enjoy the book when you read it.

      Delete
  3. Loved your review, MARIAN, and you and Teresa have got me wanting to slip this one in...somewhere. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to win ogh please lol it sounds so good
    Shirley Blanchard jcisforme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review Marian! I'm so glad I got to read this and I can't wait for Brandilyn's next one! I might have to go back and read some of the ones before Over the Edge, :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have downloaded some cheap Brandilyn oldies some time ago. I can't wait for her new one either.

      Delete
  6. Hi Marian,I would love to win a copy of your book.It sounds wonderful and exciting,suspenceful even.I hope to win.Thanks for the chance!Linda Dianne Stowe linda.stowe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Linda, it's not my book, but we can enter you for Brandilyn Collins' book, okay? :)

      Delete
  7. Ms. Collins always writes a good edge of your seat book. Glad to see this one is no different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy all her books, Kathryn. Glad to see you do as well.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a great book. I haven't read anything by Ms. Collins, but the plot sounds very intriguing. Might have to check out some of her older titles too. Would love to win this one! rrgreene62@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that sounds interesting. Now I gotta find out what happened next. what a great review! Sounds like a book I would enjoy very much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I forgot my e-mail is theresacarle@yahoo.com, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds very exciting.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like another great book by Brandilyn. Please enter my name in the drawing.
    Thanks!
    cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your great review, Marian. I can't wait to start reading Brandilyn's books!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy her books when you get to reading them, Britney.

      Delete
  14. Wonderful review, Marian!

    You're right, Noela - this book DOES sound like the plot for a movie, doesn't it? It seems to get more exciting, and suspenseful, with every review I read!

    Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy of "Dark Justice"!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com
    OWG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not really reviewers, Bonnie - we're actually supsense writers. LOL

      Delete
  15. Another good review Marian. You are good at this job. You give us just enough to make us need more, so now I need to win this boob. I have heard Brandilyn is good. Thanks for the give-away. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and trying again, Maxie! Good luck.

      Delete
  16. Sharon Dianne King would like to enter. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good suspense book. scmathisen98037@hotmail.
    I forgot to leave my email in the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Steve, and good luck in the contest!

      Delete
  18. Marian, Enjoyed learning of Brandilyn and her book Dark Justice. The book looks like a good suspense story. Interesting characters also.
    Thanks for review
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, if you love suspense stories, you'll love this one, I'm sure.

      Delete
  19. Great Review Marian Baay !
    Can't wait to read some of her work
    Linda Finn
    faithfulacresbooks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome! kymmeeee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a really good book. Would love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the giveaway!
    pj4824(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics