Pages

27 June 2014

Please Pray For Diana Flowers' Surgery and Healing!


Good morning, faithful viewers and friends! I have refrained from saying anything about my health issues until I learned exactly when my surgery date is to be scheduled. A few months ago I started awakening with a heaviness in my kidney area and swelling around my ribcage. I felt nauseated and was certain a big kidney stone was the culprit, as these were the symptoms I experienced before with them. I had to have one zapped in 1999 as it was too big to pass. I waited and drank lots of fluids hoping to pass it, until I started having excessive bloating (some days to the point of not being able to fit into my clothing), nausea, and some lower abdominal cramping.

So after about a month of this, off I went to the doctor to tell him about my kidney stone and my misery. He agreed that it was probably a stone and set me up for a pelvic CT scan. I was right, of course! lol I did have a small stone that is passable, BUT I was also told I had a huge, dark mass on my right ovary and needed to see my ob/gyn right away. To say I was quite shocked at this little piece of info would be an understatement! My ob/gyn informed me that the mass was a tumor about the size of a cantaloupe, and after examining me and doing a pap smear he wanted an ultrasound right away, a C-125 test to detect cancer, and also a biopsy of the uterine wall. All which came back benign, Praise the Lord!

My dr. held hands and prayed with me that first visit, and we were both reduced to tears as we strongly felt the presence of the Lord invade that stark little room. My skin was crawling with the "Holy Ghost bumps" as dear Carrie loves to call them, and I quite like that description! I walked out with a smile on my face which totally surprised my husband, who didn't know I had just left the very tangible presence of the Lord! In a dr's office? My God is everywhere, my friends, and is with us wherever we go!

I just had my pre-op with my dr. and now I'm appealing to you, my dear friends here at OWG, to please pray for me to go through this surgery with flying colors! The dr. is going to try to perform the less intrusive Band-Aid Laparoscopic out-patient surgery through the navel which would involve no more incisions – and healing time would be a week and two weeks until I can drive. He said tumor may be too big, but I told him I knew HE could do it and he laughingly accepted the challenge. If the tumor is tested and it is cancerous he would have to perform a total hysterectomy and my hospital stay would be 3 days and a lot of bucks! Please believe and agree with me for no cancer, a quick recovery, and the less intrusive band-aid surgery (or even better that it will shrivel up and be gone!), in the name of Jesus! Surgery is scheduled for July 8th, 2014.

**I wanted to add one more very important thing, ladies. Please keep up with your ob/gyn app'ts and your mammograms! Ovarian cancer and tumors are often highly overlooked by a primary care dr. If you are experiencing any abnormal abdominal cramping, spotting, nausea and abnormal bloating especially ABOVE the navel from stomach and extending over the ribcage, please see your gynecologist ASAP! Don't just assume that your stomach is simply getting fat, b/c that is what I thought! Better safe than sorry. Actress Jill Ireland died from ovarian cancer many years ago b/c it wasn't caught soon enough. If I had returned to my ob/gyn in two years as he had told me to instead of waiting 3-4, this tumor would not have grown as big as it is.**

In this pic which was taken not too long ago, I knew that my waistline and stomach had grown tremendously in a short amount of time and I just thought I was putting on weight quickly. However, the rest of my body was still the same size. And it is even much larger now! Some days I look eight months pregnant (honestly) and must stay in loose jammies. We have to stay aware of any sudden changes in our bodies, ladies. Thank you and God bless you all!
~Diana~

For unto you that fear My name shall the sun (the son) of righteousness arise with healing in His wings! Malachi 4:2

Here are some links that may better inform you:


UPDATE! Surgery date has been rescheduled to July 22, 2014, due to circumstances that God has under control. :)

52 comments:

  1. Praying for you my sweet friend. You are special to me. You are in His healing hands. I pray for complete healing. GOD bless you. Love you, Maxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAXIE, you are so special to me and all of us here at OWG! TY for your prayers. <3

      Delete
  2. Diana, I am so sorry you are going through this. Of course I will be praying for you....will you post a reminder as the surgery date approaches? Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DEBBIE, for your prayers and compassion and certainly I'll try to remember to post a reminder. Hugs right back atcha!

      Delete
  3. You know I am praying for you to have a good report and to heal quickly, and for the surgeon to do a fine job of getting that 'bad baby' out of there with minimal invasive surgery! Love and hugs, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANNE, your comment made me laugh, but my dr. said he took a tumor out of a woman that had one the same size as mine and it was like delivering twins! So make that two bad babies! haha Love and hugs back, ANNE. I so appreciate your prayers!

      Delete
    2. Twins, huh? Not the kind you want ripped from your body ;)

      Delete
    3. No not quite! haha I am gonna let him take a picture so we can see it. I wanna know what I've been lugging around. ugh I know!

      Delete
  4. Diana,
    Sorry to hear you need surgery. Prayers for you....easy surgery & quick recovery.
    Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you Diana! Praying God will guide the surgeon's hands as well as the whole team operating. Praying that you will only need minimal invasive surgery. Most of all praying zero cancer is found. Yes, please remind us as the day of surgery draws closer.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUDY, you are such a sweetie! TY so much! I love those specific prayers and I believe God does as well! There's a lot rattling in this blonde brain right now, but I'll try to remember to remind y'all. :D Maybe I'll tie a string around my finger. haha

      Delete
  6. Praying for ultimate healing!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. DIANA you know I've been praying for you and I will continue to do so until you are 100% better!! I am still believing that the Great Physician can take care of this before you have to have surgery on the 8th! Love you GF!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY, my dear friend! And you know what, TERESA? I am believing that way, too! Love you, my bff!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. May God richly bless you, CHRISTY. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. Praying for you, Diana. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer in 1980.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, JANET. Even now with technology being what it is, a lot of primary care drs. miss the diagnosis and think something is wrong with your stomach. So every woman needs to see their ob/gyn regularly, especially if they are having the symptoms I mentioned above. Thx so much for the prayers and God bless you!

      Delete
  10. Praying for you always Diana and will continue to lift you up to our heavenly Father and Healer! Isn't it wonderful to know our Creator personally, that we may petition Him for all our earthly problems?!! And it's especially wonderful that He loves us so much that He carries us through everything, answering our prayers in His power, love, and wisdom! God is with you in this Blondie!! Love you!
    Oh btw, you do look absolutely stunning in that lovely top!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, NOELA, for your beautiful words and your prayers. And another thank you for the lovely top that I look (stunning?) in. LOL Love you, bestie!

      Delete
  11. Diana, Thank you for sharing. I will start praying today.
    Much love in Christ and blessed peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAY, I appreciate your prayers more than you know! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  12. Joyfully awaiting your post telling us no cancer was found, Diana - because as Teresa says "God's got this"!! You are SO blessed to have a doctor that prays with you and you're so right - we can't go anywhere that God isn't already there!!

    Praying for doctor's wisdom and discernment, laparoscopic surgery - only, NO cancer, no further treatment needed, rapid and complete recovery, glorification of God, and comforting peace for you and your family!! I'm guessing we're going to be seeing some pics with you in some beautiful new clothes, also - after losing all that weight from those twins (LOL)!!

    Love you, Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BONNIE, bless you! LOL I do have a gift card from my son awaiting me for that very purpose! Thank you for encouraging my heart with your sweet comment and your specific prayers! Can't wait to give those wonderful praise reports...matter of fact I'll praise Him in advance!

      Delete
  13. Praying for you every day, dear Diana. So glad that everything has been good so far and am counting on God to completely heal you. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, CARRIE, for being here for me from day one! PTL for His goodness and mercy to me in so many ways...including wonderful friends like you, the rest of the OWG angels, and our precious friends here as well!

      Delete
  14. Praying for your body to be cancer free and for your quick healing Sister.
    Hugs and Blessings
    The Lord is with thee
    Linda
    Faithful Is He who calleth You !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, LINDA! Thank you for your prayers and faithfulness! The Lord is with thee whithersoever thou goest! What a great promise! I never have typed out whithersoever before. :) I guess I spelled it correctly!

      Delete
  15. Praying now for what a blessing you are and that this also will help someone else get to the dr when needed. God's hand is all over this and will carry you through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, DEBRA! You have encouraged and blessed my heart with your words this night. God bless you!

      Delete
  16. I pray for quick healing and no cancer.
    I, also, want to thank you for bringing this issue out in the open. You have no idea how many women you potentially save from this post.
    God Bless, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMY, thank you for your prayers! They mean everything to me! I read one time that ovarian cancer was one of the leading causes of death among women and I never forgot the symptoms they described. If I can help one woman to go see her ob/gyn early all this will have been worth it!

      Delete
  17. Praying for you, Diana. What a blessing to have a doctor to pray for you and to come out and share your story.

    God be glorified in this situation!
    Janella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JANELLA, thank you, sweetie! It was a special time for me and my Dr! There was no doubting God's presence in that little room. You're so right...what a blessing!

      Delete
  18. Dear friend Diana, My prayers for you and your family have begun and will continue throughout your traumatic surgery and results. My heart can empathize with you, as I've been through much trauma physically and God's grace has brought me through several times. He is there with you as He was with me.....ever caring and loving. You have such a beautiful soul and heart and the Lord has much work yet for you to do....so joyful thoughts be with you as you awake from the surgery and can rest at home for a few days. You are loved by many and you give much love. Thanks for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BARB, you certainly have touched my heart this morning and made the tears well up. Thank you for your prayers and your precious words of encouragement. Thank YOU for being my wonderful friend.

      Delete
  19. Praying for you Diana, I have had the same surgery. Thank God it was not cancer. I will be praying same for you. The band aid is the best way if they can do it that way. Healing was much quicker. Will be praying that for you.
    Blessings
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIANA, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but am glad they were able to do the less invasive surgery. Thank you for your prayers! <3

      Delete
  20. Diana, I'm praying for complete healing BEFORE the surgery date. NOTHING is too big for our God! He created us and He knows our needs even before we do. Sending you a BIG HUG! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, ANGI! Sometimes when we are in the midst of things that are too big for us, we can easily forget that nothing is too big for Him! BIG HUGS and a sincere thank you!

      Delete
  21. Diana, We are in the midst of much the same thing with my mom who just had surgery and is still in the hospital. You are so right about keeping your appointments. In 01 I had an ovarian tumor that entangled all through my bowels. Thank the Lord I had kept my yearly appointment. Mine was the size of a grapefruit. Praying for you dear lady. And so glad to see so many prayer warriors joining you in agreement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, DEBBIE! I shudder to think of what might have happened had you not gone in for your appointment when you should have! I think I have learned my lesson there! Bless your dear mom and prayers going up for her recovery as well! Thank you for your prayers! Amen, I love all these mighty warriors for God. :)

      Delete
  22. Touching bases with you before going to bed. Our prayers will be following you in the days to come as well as when your surgery date comes. Don't worry about reminding us when it gets closer--I'm sure your OWG buddies will remind us.
    Your friends,
    Vicki & Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you, VICKI.Thx so very much! I have a hunch they will. lol Or at least let y'all know how everything went afterwards....when I am recuping! :)

      Delete
  23. Please know that I am praying for you, sweet Diana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And please know that I love and appreciate you, dear BRITNEY! :)

      Delete
  24. I'll be praying for you too, Diana. Your story about praying with your doctor blessed me deeply! May our Lord's peace and light shine through you during this entire ordeal and maybe draw some lonely, searching soul to Him. Nurses, techs, orderlies, doctors--we never know whose heart He might be touching.

    I had a partial mastectomy over a year ago for stage 1 breast cancer. I found the lump myself and saw an ob/gyn right away. I echo your urging us all to pay attention to changes in our bodies! I will also be praying for peace for you during the days of waiting for surgery--I found that to be just about the hardest part! I wanted to get that nasty thing out of my body NOW. But God had things to teach me while I waited. The peace He gives during times like these truly is beyond understanding. I now truly value each day of my earthly life and don't want to waste even one. Yet I also look forward to eternity with Jesus as never before. It's a win/win situation.

    Hugs to you from a sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JILL. Your comment touched my heart and yes, this last week before surgery has me a bit more uptight. But through it I truly do feel His peace and it amazes me! Not only do I value each day, but I also value my friends more...people like you who God has put in my life to encourage and pray for me. I don't take people for granted any longer. My heart aches that you had to go through such a scary ordeal, and I'm so glad you found it right away. May God bless you richly!

      Delete

Google Analytics