Pages

05 July 2012

Powerline by Deborah Kinnard reviewed by Marian Baay





Reviewed by Marian Baay



4 stars ****

Emotional and sweet romance

Cassie is an ER nurse, a true believer and a volunteer at Powerline. One night a man calls to talk about his problems. His wife died 6 months ago and he doesn't want to live anymore. Cassie reminds him that God is in control of life and dead. The man promised not to hurt himself that night. Cassie is pretty shaken up after the phone call.

A little time later she's working in the ER when an older lady with a stroke comes in. Her neighbour has come with her and Cassie recognizes the man's voice from the phone call. He's the man who called himself Jeff. She panics, because she's not supposed to have contact with anyone who called Powerline for help. When the man finally recognizes her voice too, she doesn't know what to do. She tries to remain distant, but the man wants to thank her and persists to buy her an icecream.

It's clear there's attraction between Cassie and Jeff. Cassie is afraid to love, but Jeff is convinced his love for Cassie comes from the Lord. Cassie reminds him he just lost his wife and can't be thinking about something serious right now. Against all odds they befriend each other and soon find themselves very much in love. But when a train accident happens things suddenly change for Cassie. She's confused and needs to search herself for answers, she needs to learn to trust again.

This story contained the most romance I have seen in a book in a long time. The love between Jeff and Cassie is sweet—it seems rushed, but when the Lord is at work anything can happen. The story also deals with overcoming loss and grief and to learn to trust God completely.


This book was Deb Kinnard's debut novel and I think it was nicely done!

Deborah Kinnard's books can be purchased on Amazon, CBD and other book stores.

GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment and your email to be entered in this week's contest. Drawing will be late Saturday. Your choice of Deb's book and choice of format.

22 comments:

  1. What a great review, MARIAN! This book is completely different than Deb's time travel book. I so envy these authors their ability to imagine so many different scenarios and plots, and write books about them! My imagination just doesn't seem to stretch that far! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you DIANA! Yes, the book was different than Seasons in the Mist. Sometimes I'm thinking about writing a book, but I just don't have enough imagination. So I stick to writing reviews. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book does sound good. Great review Marian. Reading the review was a nice start but I wanted it to go on a little longer! This book will definitely go on my list of books to buy. Winning a copy would be nice! I love romances!

    Blessings!
    judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marian why did you have to make this one sound sooo good? LOL! Now I want to read it and I have so many on my TBR stack already, I might have to start another stack with this one at the top. :) Thanks for the very good review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, JUDY! This book really is full of romance. :) Hope you'll enjoy when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TERESA, I really make you greedy today, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The review is so appealing. I have already added it on my list of wants. I would love to win it. Thanks for the possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing sounding book! It will keep me in suspense I'm sure.
    bskaggs[at]zoominternet[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  9. LORI, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you think the review is appealing. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. TEDDY, thanks for your comment. Good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice review Marian, and even if you won't write a book, we all keep reading youre good reviews, they are entertaining and we all want to buy the books that you review.
    We all got our talents right, and one of youre talents is writing reviews, and I'm a fan of your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY, I have a fan! You're my first fan, MIRJAM!! You made my day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. No problem , you are very welcom LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh before I forget
    mirjam(ad)fotoflits(dot)com
    please enter my e-mail, love to win this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review. I love reading new authors. Adding on Goodreads. Congrats to Deborah!

    brendon8@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. BRENDA, I hope you'll enjoy this book when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. MIRJAM, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are this week's winner of any of Deb Kinnard's ebooks (as an international winner you must choose an ebook.) Thanks so much for visiting with us on OTT-WGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Thanks so much, YEAH!!!! Can't wait, going to take a look on CBD right now!
    Thanks Diana, will enjoy the time I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics