Pages

24 April 2012

International Review by Marian Baay - The Irish Healer by Nancy Herriman


The Irish Healer 
by Nancy Herriman
(Worthy Publishing, 2012)
4 stars****

Rachel Dunne is the Irish Healer in this story. In her hometown in Ireland a child under her care died. Now she’s accused of murder and is fleeing to London. There her cousin has obtained a position as assistant for her with Dr. James Edmunds.

Dr. Edmunds’ wife died three years ago and he blames himself for her death. His father also died over a year ago and left him the family estate. The last wish of his father was that James would raise his daughter on the family property. Therefore Rachel is helping him pack his belongings.

Rachel vowed not to use her healing abilities anymore, but she finds out it’s harder to ignore her calling than she thought. Soon she falls in love with James, but she thinks there are too many obstacles that make a relationship seem impossible.

Both Rachel and James feel abandoned by God. But when the cholera epidemic is sweeping through London they must learn to pray and trust God again.

Nancy Herriman writes a promising debut novel! She really made me feel like I was in London with her lively descriptions. Her knowledge of healing seems accurate and therefore she writes a believable story. She also knows how to attract attention to the story. The more I read the more I liked the story.


Good job, Nancy!



This book was requested from the publisher through NetGalley.  My opinions are my own and I was not required to post a positive review.  


GIVEAWAY:  Leave a comment and your email to be entered in this week’s contest.  Drawing will be late Saturday.  Your choice of this author’s books, choice of format.

45 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review MARIAN. :)

    And thanks for the wonderful book NANCY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! You were up late... or early. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TERESA doesn't sleep much, MARIAN. My little grandson would say she is nocturnal. He says frogs are nocturnal b/c they don't sleep at night. He was only 4 yrs. old at the time so we were duly impressed. Maybe TERESA was a frog in her past life and she got kissed by a prince. lol She must have been a pretty frog!

    Nice review of this book, MARIAN! NANCY wrote a fine debut book to be sure. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind review, Marian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome NANCY. I'm looking forward to read your next book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that T. doesn't sleep much, DIANA. Praying she will sleep better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Marian! I am enjoying my listen to this audiobook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you going to do a review too, this week CARRIE?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I will be completely done with my listen. I really am enjoying it so far, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DIANA Ribbit! Ribbit! I feel like I'm nocturnal most nights. Maybe one day I'll be able to sleep like a normal person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cover! I look forward to reading this book soon...
    Patty
    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa I surely hope and pray you will sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PATTY, the cover is lovely indeed! Hope you'll enjoy reading the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MARIAN, thank you I hope so too but I just left my mom at the nursing home and she is very sick. There may not be any rest for the weary or the nocturnal frogs tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the cover of this book and it sounds very interesting!! I would love to win and read this!!! Thank you for the chance! frederickmolly@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover, the story sounds very interesting.

    Jen.whitney08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, MOLLY! Good luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree, JEN! The cover is great and so is the book. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The story sounds interesting and the cover is beautiful. Hope to read it soon.
    ldwrncpn@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. LORI, it is a very good story, I know you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. TERESA, sorry to hear about your mom. I will pray for her. Hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The epidemic and the idea of a healer adds so much to this sotry. I love that it is set in Ireland.

    CarolNWong(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all things that deal with anything Celtic (I'm Scottish). Would love to read this.

    ladette{at}live{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love anything celtic! my email is pinkbonnie93@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. this looks like a good read!
    myonlyhope80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope I win! bonniegirlster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. CAROL, I also found it intriguing the idea of a healer. I just had to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of those Anonymous ladies are entered in the drawing. We even have two Bonnies...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks to everyone for their interest so far! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for the chance to read this beautiful story

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful cover! I'd love a chance at winning this book...sounds great and being Irish myself, I tend to gravatate towards books with an Irish theme.
    Thank you for the entry. Have a blessed day!

    Sandee61

    Muzzley56(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't wait to read it! Enter me please.
    Ashley Roberts
    flwhizkid@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. SANDEE and ASHLEY, thanks for stopping by! Hope you get the chance to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Being married into an Irish family I would love to read this book. I love all things Irish!

    mafinnegan(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love anything Irish, plus this sounds good. Please enter me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. VICKI, thanks for stopping by. You're entered.
    Hope you'll enjoy the book when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to win this book! Thanks for the chance!

    frequentreader19 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  39. We will enter you in the contest MELANIE. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm nocturnal, too and my prince kisses me everyday ;)

    Great review! You just keep adding to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  41. ANNE, I better go to sleep now, before you are going to say I'm nocturnal too. I'm 6 hours ahead of y'all, so I should be in bed by now.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh... and you're entered in the contest, too ANNE! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics