Pages

05 September 2015

To Mend a Dream by Tamera Alexander - Reviewed by Carrie Fancett Pagels




Sigh-Worthy for All the Right Reasons!
Five Stars *****

I didn't even think about the title - To Mend A Dream -  and how clever that was, until just now when I was ready to review this lovely novella. I mostly read Among the Fair Magnolias as the title, but I believe that is the series name. I have only read this novella so far, in the collection, but the other titles look appealing as well. Tamara Alexander's books have always pleased me and I had to read it all in one night. My poor husband let me keep the little light on by the bedside as I completed my read on my Kindle!

So our lovely seamstress, Savannah, needs to MEND her dream, that has been crushed with the loss of her ancestral home. But something, a treasure of some kind, is hidden at her family's plantation house. What is it? When God gives her an opportunity to legitimately get inside her old home, you want to shout a "hurrah" for her!


You just want to FIGHT for Savannah to have her home restored to her! And for her little family to be blessed by the "Yankee" Bostonian attorney who has purchased her family's estate and is settling in. While his fiancee is not someone most of us would choose as a friend, her behavior is somewhat understandable. 

How will Savannah's life be restored? Can it happen through a man promised to another or in some other way God has planned? You won't regret reading and finding out!

Giveaway: A copy of the novella in ebook format. Note: This novella is ALSO available in audiobook format!

31 comments:

  1. Carrie, I enjoyed reading your lovely review of To Mend a Dream. I love reading stories of restoration! They bring great hope in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great read! And you know I love stories of hope--both to read and to write, so this resonated with me, too, Caryl!

      Delete
  2. CARRIE, thank you for your enthusiastic review! I just love Tamera's books and all of the authors in this collection. Such a pretty cover, too...love the magnolia trees here in the South!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I wonder if you might enjoy listening to the audiobook version of the collection--if they do that. Not sure . Will check.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they have the novellas individually and in collection on audiobook, Diana.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Diana! Appreciate you too, Carrie!

      Delete
  3. I have wanted this collection since the first promo I saw - wonderful authors, I know the stories will be also. I love the title, 'To Mend a Dream' , the story line, the beautiful cover - and who doesn't love romantic, beautifully scented magnolias?? A true reminder of the south for me. Thanks for the great review, Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to listen the rest of them. Now to decide if I'll use my Audible.com credit for that or not. I have so many others to read!!! But LOVED this one, Bonnie! Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Bonnie, for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous cover on this book!! Thanks for your enticing review Carrie... I believe I have this on my Kindle and am now keen on getting to it after reading your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--the publisher did a great job! Yes, you have to read it, Aussie Angel!!!

      Delete
    2. Hope you enjoy, Noela! Hugs to you, friend.

      Delete
  5. I have To Win Her Favour and would love to know how Savannah's story ends!
    The cover is beautiful I love the dress.
    Lientjie
    lientjiehuman(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a copy of Among the Fair Magnolias - I am certainly looking forward to reading all the stories in this book, having read your review, Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting review! I need to get into this fight :) I do enjoy Tamera's books!
    dkstevensneAt outlookDo TCoM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound lovely thank you.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a copy of this book! I enjoy these authors! I have been wanting the book since first seeing the promotions for it. Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me, too and I finally broke down and bought this novella, Nancy! blessings!

      Delete
  10. What an awesome review, Carrie! And kuddos to your husband for not minding that you had the light on! I will definitely like to read this book! I want to read about the "restoration" in all aspects of the story.And, the cover is definitely eye catching!!Sounds like a definite winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Gracie! Jeff was out, asleep pretty quickly, so I'm not sure he noticed! My upcoming Christmas release is also a restoration story and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed To Mend A Dream!

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much, Carrie, and all. I SO enjoyed writing this novella. Just loved Savannah Darby and wanted to tell the rest of her story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review now I want to know what is hidden in Savannah's plantation house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little shocked when I got to the ending, Laurie, but maybe for some different reasons! ;) Great book!

      Delete
  13. Nice review. Looks like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! You won't regret it! To Mend a Dream is a great read!

      Delete

Google Analytics