Pages

31 December 2011

Best of 2011 – Carrie’s Fiction List 2011 Releases


Laura Frantz’s The Colonel’s Lady, Revell (historical romance, colonial) Laura is a favorite of all four of us who contribute to this blog. Three of us have read TCL. We all wait with bated breath each year for her new release.  So I'll tag this one "To Sigh For"


MaryLu Tyndall’s Surrender the Dawn (historical romance)
and Surrender the Night  (I am counting these two as one). Diana and Marian and I all included MaryLu on our lists - officially a triple threat! Consistent excellence in writing.
Melanie Dickerson,The Merchant’s Daughter, Zondervan (YA, historical romance) I read this through in one day - she just grips your heart and won't let you go till you are done reading!!!



Now for my count! (Yes, I am cheating! I removed the ones that we all voted for already!)  Oh, and I am another Julie Lessman fan but did not get her 2011 release read yet.  


Laurie Alice Eakes' Lady in the Mist (Revell), a lovely historical romantic suspense read.  One of the best heroes of the year. 

CJ Chase, Redeeming the Rogue, Love Inspired Historical (Regency romantic suspense). Amazing!!! 

Roseanna White's Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland, Summerside. Roseanna is on Diana's list, too.

Serena Miller, The Legend of Katie Calloway. Best Heroine and we love Serena and Katie!!! She'd on Teresa's list, too!




The Treasure Trove historical book for me:
Susan Craft’s, The Chamomile, Ingalls (historical, colonial)




Top bibliotherapy pick:
Jennifer Hudson Taylor - Highland Sanctuary, Abingdon  (Scottish historical romance). Wow!  She's also on Teresa's list as is the book.




Available on Audio (My preference!)




In a class all her own – Liz Curtis Higgs’ Mine is the Night, audible.com download (historical)  It would not be fair to even count this audiobook in my top ten because it is in a class all by itself – a fantastic audiobook NARRATED by the author HERSELF!!!!  You cannot beat this for really getting the story, the characterization, and of course that FABULOUS voice of Liz Curtis Higgs!!! 




Julie Klassen’s Girl in the Gatehouse, Bethany (historical romance, Regency). LOVE Julie Klassen's writing.  She has it ALL - unique storylines, amazing characters, fantastic writing, and beautiful voice!  AND it is on audio!!!





Best romance!!!
Kelly Marie Long,  Lilly's Wedding Quilt Thomas Nelson (Amish, romance).  Hunkiest hero and he is Amish!  Great use of bibliotherapy in this book.  Lovely voice and taut storyline.  She is one of my new favorite authors. And on audio and you have me sighing in gratitude!  Thank you Thomas Nelson Publishers for making this wonderful book available in that format!


Released on audio in 2011 - Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist (originally published in pb in 2010 by Bethany House). Also on Teresa's list. 








Vannetta Chapman, Falling to Pieces (Amish suspense murder-mystery).  This is like inviting your BFF over to visit and she is sharing the story.  


Also on Marian Baay's list: Waterfall by Lisa Bergren (YA, speculative, romance) Only one of the trio available in audio at this point in time. This is one of those gripping listens - you pretty much have to stop what you are doing to listen to it.  She reaches many different types of readers.


Happy listening and reading in 2012!!!


GIVEAWAY: A Kindle copy of Melanie Dickerson's new release The Merchant's Daughter and a paperback copy of Julie Klassen's The Girl in the Gatehouse.  Winners announced on Marian's birthday (January 4th) and on my birthday (January 5th) so come back for the parties!





34 comments:

  1. Great list Carrie, some on there I will have to put on my TBR list. There have been some marvelous books this year, can't wait for the 2012 ones to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carrie, I think the day I stop making your list will be the day I get out of publishing! I feel so honored and humbled by lists like these but can honestly say the Lord gets all the credit since I really don't have a clue about how to write a bok:) God bless you in the coming year. You've sure been a blessing to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, you and I definitely share the same taste because I LOVED so many of your top ten, just ANOTHER one of the many reasons I love you, girl!!

    Happy New Year, all!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Carrie. I'm honored to be amongst such august writers and books. Were I not so far behind on my reading, I have no doubt many of these would be on my list, too. Shadowed in Silk and Anapolis and Gatehouse for sure. Laura and Julie, I at least financially support my fellow Revell authors even if I am so far behind on reading and the books sit on my bookcase. The books appeal. My lack of opportunity to enjoy has gone asunder somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LAURA,I will probably stop reading and writing if I find the day that I do not enjoy your books, lol. After all, you do write them just for me, right lol?

    ReplyDelete
  6. JULIE, so glad to get acquainted with your writing this year and with you! I am looking forward to reading more of your books. May have to buckle down and learn to live with the Kindle voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LAURIE ALICE, this was an amazing book and I know you had a lot of love for it, too, and it shows in the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Carrie, I'm honored, once again, to be on yet another list! Thank you so much!! I must say, I've read quite a few of these and totally agree with your opinions! Hugs and blessings for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list!
    Read 4 of them and have 4 other sitting on my shelf.

    Looking forward to all the new books that come in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an impressive list! I see quite a few I need to add to my TBR. There were so many outstanding books this year :) Looking forward to getting caught up and reading some up & coming ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan Craft said...
    What an honor for The Chamomile to be on your list, Carrie! I am thrilled! Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops...forgot to say don't enter me. I have both of those books already :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I am so behind in reading, i have half of these on my shelf, but I think I've only read 2? Man, what writing and 2 little kids do to ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. MARYLU, Hugs and Blessings back! MARIAN, you are going to be a busy girl reading! ANNE, yes there were so many great books out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read The Girl in the Gatehouse. I love those types of books.

    joyfulhutch[at]msn[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound like great books! Thanks for sharing!
    tscmshupe [at] pemtel [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  17. All these books look AMAZING!
    Some I have read some I haven't, most of them are on my TBR list though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Read Laura Frantz’s "The Colonel’s Lady," and have "Maid to Match" by Deeanne Gist on my Kindel to read, and read Laurie Alice Eakes' "Lady in the Mist" and recommend all as great books. I have all the others on my wish list and would love to win. I have been reading over 60 yrs and love Christian Fiction writers. Thanks for the opportunity to enter.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also love Liz Curtis Higgs! Roseanna's book made my top picks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sally and Leah, thank you for coming over! Don't forget to check back by to see if you are one of our big winners-on the 4th and the 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  21. misskallie, I'm with you...Christian fiction writers are the BEST! You will be entered in the giveaway!

    Nice to see you, Annette! Aren't Liz and Roseanna's books a delightful reading experience?

    ReplyDelete
  22. MELANIE, love you right back and we are going to be doing a drawing here shortly for one of your books. We'll announce it on Jan. 4th on Marian's birthday. Jan 3rd evening here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SUSAN CRAFT we need to stop that whole anonymous thing! Your book was like a big gift to me last year - like finding this amazing box full of jewels and treasure! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. SALLY and LEAH, we primarily do historical Christian romance on this blog as that is what Diana, Teresa, and I prefer. I have to keep up with current books because I write and Lady Diana and Teresa love to read and are wonderful reviewers! Our mutual friend, Marian Baay, of the Netherlands, gives us reviews of other genres and all of us "stray" sometimes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ANNETTE - the audio with Liz reading is AMAZING!!! I kept thinking - wow, this narrator is fabulous and she totally gets the characters and the storyline. LOL, that was because she wrote it. Of course it helps that she has that awesome radio announcer voice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I need to take a speed reading course! All the books look like excellent picks. I am thankful to become more familiar with these authors.

    If I should be the fortunate and blessed winner, please let me know at jsmithg(at)hotmail(dot)com.

    Thank you for keeping everyone up on the good books to fill ever expanding bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  27. JANICE, I have a friend that can speed read but I can't. I used to read faster when I was young. These trifocals (customized for me even!) help but the Kindle has really gotten my reading rate up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carrie. Such s great list. I obviously trust your opinions so I need to get the two or three I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ditto on Laurie Alice's hero. This is definitely on my top five list.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sally Shupe won a copy of Melanie Dickerson's ebook The Merchant's Daughter. Congrats Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Miss Kallie is our winner of A Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen. Congrats! You will love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats to Sally and misskallie! I know you will enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Reading Maid to match at the moment, what a great book!
    Love the way Deeanne writes, always feels like I'm in the book right next to the characters.
    Way to go Deeanne!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics