Pages

15 February 2018

Review of Tracey J. Lyons "The Heart of an Agent" Audiobook



A Great Listen!!!
Review of Tracey J. Lyons The Heart of an Agent
Brilliance Audio (November 2017)

I listened to this audiobook via an Audible.com download. I have a membership. Click here for the link to audible purchase.

I had the privilege of meeting Tracey at the 2016 CFRR (Christian Fiction Readers Retreat) in Nashville. She's a delightful lady. We'd been social media friends prior to that. Check out Tracey's website www.TraceyLyons.com for a chance to meet up with her at one of her upcoming events!

This novel is book two in her Pinkerton series. I loved the first book, A Changed Agent, which I also reviewed here on the blog!  So I was really looking forward to this story. Both books were narrated by Lauren Ezzo, who did a good job.

I'd seen that another reviewer called this a "Beauty and the Beast" type of story and I'll be honest, I am not a fan of that trope. However, I really enjoyed the first book and went ahead and made the purchase. The first section of the book did end up being more that type of story with the bereaved hero an angry broken man stuck in his denial. But the sweet and feisty heroine, Lily Handland, becomes a balm to Owen Murphy's soul. I really got into the book after the point that Owen is less "beastly" for lack of a better word!

Once the story turns this corner, there is so much to love about the story. It's set in the Adirondacks at the turn of the century, Lily is a wonderful character who feels like a friend, and Owen finally settles down into the wonderful man he truly is. But can they both overcome their pasts? Can they save his lodge? Do yourself a huge favor, get the book and find out! It is a great listen!


8 comments:

  1. Nice review Carrie! I just bought this book the other day Amazon has it on sale for $1.99 and you can add the audible edition for an extra $1.99! I can't wait to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy this listen, Andrea! What a great price on The Heart of an Agent!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a keeper! Thanks for the great review, Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betti! I really enjoy Tracey's author voice and her writing! I hope you do, too!

      Delete
  3. Great review, Carrie! I enjoyed reading book one. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review, Carrie. I just finished this one several days ago and enjoyed it. I was glad to see the healing that took place in Owen.I haven't had a chance to read the first book in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics