Pages

16 April 2017

I AM THE RESURRECTION by Teresa S. Mathews




I AM THE RESURRECTION 


Jesus cried “It is finished” the Son of GOD was gone.
Satan shouted out in glee; he thought that he had won!

They took Jesus' broken body and placed it in a tomb,
His family, his friends, his disciples, all were filled with gloom.

As hell was rejoicing, loudly celebrating Jesus death,
There was a sound that was heard that made them hold their breath.

Down the corridor of hell walked a man bright as day,
He was coming to claim the keys of death and take it's power away!

Death, hell and the grave had to bow to His decree,
"Every Saint held captive here is coming home with me!"

When Sunday morning began to dawn with the brightness of the day,
The angels descended and rolled the stone away!

The One who freely gave His life so that we might be saved,
Was the One that triumphed over death, hell and the grave.

The One who made the promise, "In three days I will Arise"
Is now the One Proclaimed THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE!

© Teresa S. Mathews 2017 

 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die... JOHN 11:25-26


Easter Blessings from Carrie, Bonnie and Teresa





15 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem, Teresa. Thank you. It made me tear up to think about the sacrifice He made, and how all seemed lost on that horrible day they nailed Him on a rugged cross. And then Sunday came and He arose! He lives that we may live also! satan dances with glee over our dark moments and when all hope seems gone Sunday comes! I'm waiting for my Sunday! Blessed Easter, my sweet twin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIANA, I am waiting for my Sunday too! Even if it doesn't come until Heaven I'm encouraged with what Paul said in II Corinthians 4:17 "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;" Happy Easter and lots of love and (((HUGS))) to you!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, absolutely lovely! Happy Easter⚘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MELANIE, thank you so much! Happy Easter to you!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome KAY, so glad you dropped by!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is a powerful poem, Teresa, with a profound message that brought tears to my eyes. Hugs and love to you and I hope you've had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CARRIE, I had chills when I was writing it. GOD is so good. Today has been a good one for us. Had lunch with family and visited the graves of Carlton and Mom. One day they too will be resurrected, can't wait for that day!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and powerful poem, Teresa. Thank you for sharing what God gave you to write. Loved reading this with tears. Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARILYN, thank you so much. I'm so glad it touched you! Thinking of all of our Savior did for us also brings me to tears!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Teresa! I loved this poem,it captures the spirit of Easter perfectly!Hope you had a beautiful and blessed Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LYNNE! I did have a beautiful day with my brother's family. So glad you dropped by OWG!! :-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you Teresa for sharing this beautiful poem with such a visual of what our Lord triumphed over! Hope you had a blessed Easter.
    Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TINA! Our Lord certainly endured a lot for us! Thank you for coming by OWG!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics