Pages

26 February 2015

Teresa S. Mathews Reviews Broom and Gloom By Christy Barritt

Broom and Gloom by Christy Barritt          
Book 9 of the Squeaky Clean Series    
Publisher River Heights Press
5 Stars*****

Once again talented author Christy Barritt leads us on a trail of mischief and mayhem with our favorite crime scene cleaner Gabby St. Claire. In this adventure Gabby feels the need to further her education of Crime Scene Investigation so she travels cross country from Virginia, to Oklahoma for a forensic convention. While there Gabby meets for the first time her soon to be stepbrother, Trace Ryan, an up and coming country singer, and that is when the adventure begins.

There is something about Trace that makes Gabby immediately like him, he is handsome, sincere and a wonderful singer, with just one flaw; he thinks he is being stalked by a crazy, murderous fan.

When Trace explains about his troublesome fan and how she might have had something to do with the disappearance of a young woman he had been dating. Gabby dives head first into what could well be her own crime scene. The more she investigates the more danger seems to follow her, from a mad charging bull to being trapped in a burning house to starring down the barrel of a gun. Will Gabby figure out who the real killer is before it's too late?

This Squeaky Clean Series by Christy Barritt is a true delight to this fan of mysteries and CSI shows. Gabby is bright, thinks fast on her feet, and has a great sense of humor. If you haven't had the pleasure of reading one of these exciting novels yet, follow this link to a free copy of the very first one;  Hazardous Duty and I promise you will want to read the rest of the series. Many thanks to Ms Barritt for creating this enjoyable series that's had me hooked from day one! 

You can find this treasure and others by Christy at Amazon


GIVEAWAY: We will be giving away an e-book of this amazing story to one blessed commenter!



33 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the review. I have not read anything by Christy Barritt before. This book sounds very interesting. The name Gabby St.Claire caught my eye as my maiden name is St.Clair (without the "e").
    Blessings,Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI TINA!! I absolutely adore GABBY! Christy is a very talented author and she knows just the right words to get you hooked! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the review, Teresa. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!!! Makes my heart happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHRISTY the pleasure was ALL mine! I have enjoyed all of your books!! Please writing these Squeaky Clean Mysteries!! Love them!! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is such a glowing, wonderful review, TERESA! I hope to get to this one soon as it's on my Kindle!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIANA thanks!! Gotta love Miss Gabby... and you HAVE to love Christy's writing!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of Christy's books but I am downloading the first one to get started. Sounds like a series I will enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CHRISTINE if you like intrigue you will LOVE Christy's books! She is a wonderful writer! :-)

      Delete
  5. I like mysteries. Most of the crime shows are a bit graphic and gory though. I like what you said a trail of mischief and mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAN you are right, some get pretty graphic but not CHRISTY'S books. You'll like GABBY, she's is a great character that truly does attract mischief and mayhem!! You have to feel sorry for her when that huge bull is chasing her, but don't let me give anything away, I want you to read that for yourself!! ;-) lol

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed the review.. I have read Hazardous Duty.. I loved it & I'd love to read another book in this Squeaky Clean Series
    Very nice cover!
    dkstevensneAToutlookD OtcO m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI DEANNA glad you enjoyed Hazardous Duty, maybe you will be the lucky winner of this one! You are so right about that cover, it is great! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for that wonderfully enticing review, Teresa!!

    As Diana commented on her previous review, yesterday - you may make a suspense fan of me yet. "Broom and Gloom" doesn't appear to be a typical suspense novel - humor, charging bulls and romance too, lol!! It has a compelling "untypical" title also.

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BONNIE wouldn't that be something? lol I think you will love Gabby as much as I do!! CHRISTY is a fantastic author!!

      Delete
  8. Great review! I am intrigued by this book. Thank you for sharing!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MELANIE Thanks for dropping by, so glad you enjoyed the review. Here's hoping you can read one of CHRISTY's amazing books before long!

      Delete
  9. This sounds good. Each book is a different mystery, right? Sorta like Agatha Christy? I would love to win it and check it out. Thanks for the good review Teresa. Would sure love to win it. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <
    (((Hugs))) to my OWG girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MAXIE, yes, each book has a different adventure for Miss Gabby! I sure hope you win also as I know you will enjoy it!! :-)

      Delete
  10. Thank you for your review. This sounds fun & thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MARY Thank you for coming by, hope you get to read this soon because it really is Fun and Thrilling! :-)

      Delete
  11. I would love too read this mystery romance book
    oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DANIE!! Good to see you!! Here's hoping for a win for you!! :-)

      Delete
  12. Loved Dubiosity and would love to read others by Christy!
    Danajeweler at y mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DANA Dubiosity was very good wasn't it? Maybe you'll be the winner of this one, how great how that be?!! Thanks for coming by!! :-)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the great review, Teresa! Christy is such a sweetheart! We're blessed to have her living in Hampton Roads, Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CARRIE She is a sweetheart and very talented too!! Love her books, especially the Squeaky Clean series!

      Delete
  14. Christy is a very talented writer and I love all her stories. This series is one of my favorites! Can't wait to read the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAMARA here's hoping you win this one!! Thanks for dropping in! :-)

      Delete
  15. Wow, it's so exciting to see all of the comments here. Good luck, everyone! I'd love for you all to check out my books. And thanks again, Teresa, for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHRISTY it was all my pleasure! Can't wait for Gabby's next adventure and I can't wait to read Hidden Agenda too!! :-)

      Delete
  16. I haven't read this one yet, but I have enjoyed all the others. I can remember the day I realized it was a series! I was thrilled!! Donna @ MoreThanaReview dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read this one yet, but I have enjoyed all the others. I can remember the day I realized it was a series! I was thrilled!! Donna @ MoreThanaReview dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Teresa, this sounds fascinating! Thanks for that brilliant review, you've made it so enticing, I'm putting this one straight onto my Wish List!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics