Pages

24 July 2014

JEHOVAH JIREH...The Lord Our Provider



JEHOVAH JIREH...The Lord Our Provider 

 But my God shall supply all your need according     
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

In the seven weeks since we started on this journey with Carlton being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma there have been numerous times GOD has shown himself to be JEHOVAH JIREH...The Lord Our Provider.  

When we first found out about the cancer we were worrying about how we would pay the huge insurance deductible. I called the insurance company to inquire how the insurance would pay for the chemo because the doctor's office thought we would have to meet the deductible. The lady from the insurance company was very polite and helpful; she told me if the chemo was administered in the doctor's office it there would be a $40 co-pay for each treatment and the deductible wouldn't be required.  Later we also found out that the Leukemia/ Lymphoma Foundation had a grant we qualified for that would pay the co-pays. So all we have had to pay is $40 once every three weeks when Carlton sees the doctor. The co-pays for the chemo have been paid by the grant. GOD has truly been our Jehovah Jireh.

It never ceases to amaze me when I pick up my Bible there is always something "new" that catches my attention. I have been taking my Bible with me when I take Carlton for his treatments and it seems every morning GOD has provided some encouraging word for us. I want to share some of those scriptures that I have been relying on during this time: Psalm 28:6-9, Psalm 62:5-8, Psalm 115:13-15, Psalm 116:1-9, Jeremiah 29:11-13

Carlton has gotten more good news since my last update; the protein levels they use to track his cancer have dropped 362 points since starting his treatments. The doctor told us that he might be on chemo for 2 years; it will depend on whether he has a stem cell transplant or not. He will be going to the hospital in Charleston, SC possibly as early as next month to talk to about it. Once again we are going to rely on GOD providing everything we need during this time. Carlton has used all of his sick leave at his work so he will not be paid during the time he is having the transplant but as I have said since day one.......GOD'S GOT THIS!!

Prayer Request: We have met numerous people while at the infusion center that are in desperate need of prayer. This week we met a young couple that the husband was going to be admitted to the hospital for his treatments. His wife was very cautious in even saying what stage his cancer was, she mentioned Proverbs 18:21, so I knew she was a believer. I would ask that you please join with us in prayer for this family. I don't know their names but I know that GOD does.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this update TERESA, it helps all those that love you so much to understand the situation more fully and are inspired to pray more specifically.
    Isn't that such a great thing about God's word - how we continue to discover new gems in the Bible as He speaks His word firmly into our spirit, no matter how many times we've read them before!! Thanks for sharing those verses too, they are all filled with so much of His strength, encouragement, and His beautiful love!! Bless you Sissy, we are continuing to pray and believe with and for you both! We'll also lift up the young couple you met. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOELA thank you for your prayers, love and support during this time. GOD has been so good to me to let me have such precious friends like you and the other ladies here on OWG. Also, all the sweet friends I have made on here, each and every one of you bring a smile to my face when I think of you!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!

      Delete
  2. Bless you, Teresa, for sharing your courage and faith with us. My prayers join yours for Carlton and all those in need of healing and a touch from God. I read this prayer long ago and keep it handy: "The long arm of God reaches out over people and conditions, controlling this situation and protecting my interest."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LISA thank you so much for coming by and sharing that beautiful prayer. I am going to share that with Carlton; I know it will encourage him. I also want you to know I am enjoying your latest book....The Promise Keeper! Its so good!! :-)

      Delete
  3. TERESA, thank you for updating everyone on Carlton's condition and what God is doing in your life. During this period of illness and impending surgery in my own life I stand amazed at God's provision! He has provided the money and we owe my ob/gyn nothing! And we have no insurance and the rising cost of medical care is pretty scary. And we aren't late on nary a household bill either. Believing for a miraculous and speedy healing for Carlton, and love you both...bunches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIANA isn't it almost funny when we pray for GOD to provide for us and we trust His promises and when He does exactly what He says He will do...we are amazed?!! I have found myself doing that since this has happened and then I stop and think "how silly of me"!! OF COURSE GOD'S GOT THIS!! His promises never change; He is the same yesterday, today and forever!! Love you Diana and I am so glad I have you in my life!! I am still believing with you for your total and complete healing too!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful update, Teresa!! SO happy for the blessings that God has provided for your family during this time of need - so inspiring to hear and read the confirmation of God's faithfulness!! Can't wait to read about the future blessings for both your family and Diana's - I know they're coming!! Continued prayers for your family and Diana's - prayers said for the couple you met also!! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BONNIE you are one of those sweet friends I have met on OWG. I am very grateful that we met! I am believing that GOD is going to grant you good health too!!

      Delete
    2. BONNIE, thank you for your continued prayers and support! I quite agree with Teresa! You are such a sweet friend and I'm so blessed to have met you here! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the update, Teresa, I am continuing to pray for Carlton, you and this family you spoke about. You are right in saying that God's Got This! He will never leave you or forsake you. Hugs to you! God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CHAPPY thanks for coming by, and thanks for the prayers!! Amen that GOD will never us or forsake us!! :-)

      Delete
  6. Praying hard for all of you......
    Chris Granville

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful when God always comes through?? What an encouragement and boost to your faith. And ours! I'm lifting up your hubby Teresa (and you too!) God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cap'n you are so right, it is so wonderful when our Heavenly Father comes through, and He is always right on time!! Thanks so much for the prayers. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing, Teresa. Words of blessing and encouragement. God IS SO faithful ! He is good, all the time, no matter what ! Believing in faith with you, for your husband's healing.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRENDA I am so glad to be able to tell about the good things GOD has done for us!! Thank you for believing with us for Carlton's complete healing!!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful update, Teresa! Prayers continue for your family and others!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BRITNEY, so glad you came by. Even more grateful for your prayers!! :-)

      Delete

Google Analytics