Pages

30 December 2012

Teresa's Fantastic Favorites for 2012

My List in No Particular Order

_________________________________________

A Bride's Flight by Murray Pura

This book by Murray was a pleasant surprise.
It was the perfect story, it had the right amount of murder and mayhem and the perfect cowboy to take care of the lady in distress. It reminded me of the good ole days of watching cowboy movies with my dad on Saturday mornings.
____________________________________

A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman

Julie Lessman wows us once again with another sweet love story from the Winds of Change Series. To say this one was extra special is an understatement, all of Julie's books are that, but this one brings to a close the story of a family I have come to love...The O'Connors. 
I'm going to miss them all!    
____________________________________

Before the Scarlet Dawn by Rita Gerlach

What a amazing book this was, Rita truly captured my heart with this story and kept me hanging on until the very end. It will take you through a gamut of emotions. This is book one in the Daughters of the Potomac Series, the second is Beside Two Rivers and it was also excellent. Please take time to read these, I promise you won't be sorry.
____________________________________

Double Blind by Brandilyn Collins

This book by Brandilyn had me sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it. 

If you like good old fashion suspense bordering on terror you will love this book.
I can't wait for her next book.
____________________________________

Hunter's Prize by Marcia Gruver

I loved this story, it has a lot of mystery and what I really liked the most was how she dealt with a disorder that effects a lot of children. 
Her characters were charming and I really fell in love with Ceddy.
____________________________________

Love’s Reckoning by Laura Frantz

Once again Laura takes you back in time to a beautiful place 
that will bring joy to your heart and a smile to your face. 
I came to love Laura's work when I read the Frontiersman's Daughter, 
and I have enjoyed everyone of her books since.

____________________________________

The Yellow Packard by Ace Collins

This is the first book I have read by Ace Collins and hopefully it will be the first of many. This is the story of a beautiful custom made car that seems to be cursed from the moment it rolls off the production line. 

If you love mystery, suspense and a happy ending this is a tale for you.
_____________________________________

The Christmas Star by Ace Collins

When I read this beautiful story by Ace I was so excited. It's the perfect Christmas story that's destined to become a classic. As you can see I have read two stories by Ace this year and loved them both.
____________________________________

Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall

Since the first book of MaryLu's I picked up in the library years ago to this one I have never been disappointed in any of them. This one will take you to the beautiful city of Charleston, SC during its ultimate heyday before the Civil War and it will lay bare the horrors of slavery. It will have you wiping tears of sorrow and joy before it's over.
____________________________________

Injustice for All by Robin Caroll

Robin certainly knows how to write a wonderful suspense novel. From the first you know that the good guys aren't always good and then it just gets better from there. This one had me frantically flipping pages until the end. It was so good!
_________________________________________

A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano

Oh what a fun story! I enjoyed this book from the first page until the last. Jen had me hooked from the very beginning with the lovely Lady Eliza. Eliza will have you rolling with laughter with her antics, I could so appreciate how the harder she tries to do something the more difficult it becomes. Having lived through a few of those episodes myself, I can fully understand Eliza's dilemmas. 
__________________________________________

Lily, Song of the River Series
By Diane Ashley and Aaron McCarver

I loved this beautiful story of a young lady that loved the mighty Mississippi so much she doesn't let anything stop her dream of owning a riverboat, not even a handsome gambler.
___________________________________________

Saving Hope by Margaret Daley
Book one in The Men of the Texas Rangers series.

In this fast paced tale Margaret tackles the serious subject of human trafficking and the abuse of young girls. This was a book that was filled with things that make us uncomfortable to think about but the good part is there is a handsome Texas Ranger that will stop at nothing to rescue these girls. 
____________________________________________

A Light in the Window by Julie Lessman

This book by Julie is a story that truly is the epitome of what the Christmas spirit is all about. It explains the beginning of the O'Connor family, and what a family this is. ~sigh~  Thank you Julie for sharing with us how Marceline chooses the love of her life.


33 comments:

  1. Great list, Teresa! I have read and enjoyed 7 books on your list. Can't wait to see what great books 2013 has in store for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARIAN it was so hard to narrow down my list. And I also can't wait to see what wonderful books will be coming my way for 2013!! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great list, Teresa! I love seeing what each of your read and the differences/similarities in your literary tastes.
    I think I've only read one book on your list! If you could add a few more hours in a day for reading in 2013, I would appreciate it. Then I could read some of these books ;) Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANNE wouldn't it be great to have at least 4 hours extra to just relax and read?? Then I might get my TBR list down by a few. :)

      Delete
  4. Three guys made TERESA'S list! Imagine that -- now Mr. Pura is not surrounded by females this time! lol Yes, ANNE, we all have some similarities in what we like and many differences, too. I've read and loved six out of 10 on TERESA'S list! And maybe I will get to the others, but the new books keep on rollin' in! Do we ever get caught up, T.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIANA you are too funny!! Poor Murray never gets a break around here. :) The gentlemen on my list are FANTASTIC writers!

      Delete
  5. a cool hit list & I LOVE being on it - even if I do have to share with the other two guys LOL - thanks, Teresa - it's an honour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MURRAY sorry some people on here have to give you a hard time. hehehe You are a fine writer, and you are are in good company with Mr. Collins and Mr. McCarver. :)

      Delete
  6. Aw, TERESA ... what an honor to be on your list, my friend -- not once, but twice -- YOWZA!!! I appreciate your incredible support more than I can say and God knows I can say a lot!! ;)

    Thank you again for embracing the O'Connors like you have and for being such a blessing in my life ... something you OTT gals have the most incredible knack of doing!!

    Love you and wish each of my dear friends from OTT a new year overflowing with His blessings!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear JULIE you always make me smile, whether I am reading one of your books or reading your lovely comments on here. You are always a BLESSING to me.

      I hope you have a wonderfully blessed year in 2013. Can't wait to learn more about Miss Cassidy McClare. :)

      I think by now you know how much we love you here at OWG and if not I will tell you again...I LOVE YOU JULIE LESSMAN! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, WE LOVE YOU JULIE LESSMAN!! :) You're a huge blessing to all of us as well!!

      Delete
  7. Great list, Teresa. These are all books I want to read one day. I own and read Veil of Pearls and it is one of MaryLu's best novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEBBIE I hope you get to read these books, they were all so good and you are right VoP was one of MaryLu's best but then again I'm very partial to MaryLu's books...everyone on here knows how much I love my PIRATE BOOKS and MaryLu knows just how to write a book about pirates or maybe I should say "Privateers" ;)

      Delete
    2. You don't have to sell me on MaryLu. I am part of her Motley Crew and help spread the news about her books. That is why I am called Chaplain Debbie; I am the Chaplain of our ship The Redemption. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so honored, TERESA, to have been included on your list! Thank you so much - it means the world to me, and it's been delightful getting to know you and the rest of the ladies on this fabulous blog.

    Wishing you a New Year filled with good books:)

    All the best,

    ~ JEN ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. JEN keep on writing because I can't wait to "meet" more of your characters. Especially if they are like Eliza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas comes but once a year? Not here on OWG! Can't believe you've gifted me with another honor within such a short time. I'm feeling double-blessed! Thank you, Teresa! Ceddy is one of my favorite characters. It's a thrill to know readers like him, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARCIA I loved every one of your characters, (not the meanies, lol) but Ceddy was so precious I wanted to give him hugs even though he might not have liked that. :) I can tell you enough what a great job you did with him!

      Delete
    2. Yayyy SO happy that Hunter's Prize made another list as well!! Sooo very worthy!! And a big Amen to what you wrote Teresa, lol.. including the 'meanies'. :)

      Delete
  11. I feel like we're celebrating Christmas all week long over here:) Teresa, I've been thinking of you this week and hope your end of year is going well. I'm so thankful we've met and you've taken time for my stories. That blesses me more than you'll ever know. From Silas and Eden - and Lael, too - thanks so much for being there and being such a light for Him.
    Love you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh LAURA you are so precious! How could I not love your characters..you make them like they are right in the room with you. It's a good thing they weren't a couple of times...there was one or two (and you know which ones, lol) I might have wanted to give a good shake to! LOL But that is what makes for a wonderful story, when you want to interact with the characters, or is that a sign I'm a little C-R-A-Z-Y??? :D

      Delete
    2. I'm chuckling cuz I know just THE ONE:) Nope, no crazies! We're kindred spirits, for sure!!

      Delete
  12. Hi Teresa!! I'm so HONORED and EXCITED to be on your best of 2012 list!!! Thank you so much... Like Laura said, I feel like it's Christmas all over again.... what a blessing you are! I've read some of the other books you mentioned too.. Rita's and Julie's and Laura's and Wow.. even to be included with these is such a joy! Thank you.. and Happy New Year, Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARYLU it was an honor to read Veil of Pearls, it is such a fabulous book. In fact every one of your books I've read has been fabulous! :) Can't wait to read Forsaken Dreams.

      Delete
  13. TERESA, what a fantastic list! There are 6 on here that I absolutely LOVED!!! And the others I REALLY want to read!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOELA I read a lot of great books this year and I can't wait for all the great ones that are coming out in 2013. :)

      Delete
  14. What a great list! I have read some of these, and those I haven't read have been added to my list! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAH I know you will love every each and every one of these great books. Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  15. Okay, it's official ... I am putting this particular blog post on my favorites so I can click on it anytime I need a boost!!! I haven't had "I love you" said to me so much since I actually broke down and cleaned the house for Christmas ... ;)

    Love you guys too -- TONS AND TONS!!

    Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. JULIE you have me ROFLOL, I love that comment about "cleaning the house for Christmas" Today we are doing our year-end cleanup and my family is helping me toss out things we don't need and they are trying to get me to give away my books!!~Gasp~ That's like giving away my children!! Please PRAY for me! :D

    And JULIE anytime you need another boast I will be glad to say those three little words...I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! That should have read BOOST!! I know you don't BOAST but I will about your work! :)

      Delete

Google Analytics