Pages

28 December 2012

Marian's Favorite Novels for 2012


My favorite novels for 2012 in no particular order.
__________________________________________________________________


The Wings of Morning
by Murray Pura

One of the biggest surprises of 2012 was to discover author Murray Pura's books. After reading The Face of Heaven I was sold and have also read his other 2012 releases: The Wings of MorningA Bride's Flight from Virginia City, and all the volumes of The Rose of Lancaster series. All these titles are on my favorites list for 2012. 
The Wings of Morning has also released in Dutch.


__________________________________________________________________

Love in Three-Quarter Time
by Dina Sleiman



The first book I read by Dina Sleiman was marvelous. I can't find the words to describe how much I enjoyed this book! I'm certainly going to read any other books Dina writes.





__________________________________________________________________

The Tutor's Daughter
by Julie Klassen



Julie Klassen's books are always something I look forward to reading. With her latest book she wrote her best book yetin my opinion. And what a gorgeous cover!
This book will release in Dutch in 2013.







__________________________________________________________________

Words Spoken True
by Ann H. Gabhart



Ann H. Gabhart has given me some pleasant reading hours with Words Spoken True.
__________________________________________________________________

Central Park Rendezvous
by Ronie Kendig, Dineen Miller,
Kim Vogel Sawyer & MaryLu Tyndall



I'm a big fan of Ronie Kendig's writings. When I saw she wrote in this novella collection I had to get it. It was also great to get to know the other author's works as well. The novellas were very nicely woven together. A really original read!


__________________________________________________________________

Gone to Ground
by Brandilyn Collins



I usually don't read books twice and certainly not twice in the same year. I have read Gone to Ground twice in 6 months time! This really is a page-turner and a must-read for suspense lovers. 
This book will release in Dutch in 2013.
__________________________________________________________________

High Desert Haven
by Lynnette Bonner



Lynnette Bonner's books are amazing. 
High Desert Haven is the second book in The Shepherd's Heart Series which released in June 2012. Books 3 and 4 have also released this year, but I didn't have the chance to read them yet.

__________________________________________________________________

Love's Reckoning
by Laura Frantz



Laura's books are always a feast to read and definitely worth the waitbut oh! why does a year take so long!






__________________________________________________________________

Trauma Plan
by Candace Calvert



What a pleasant surprise it was to find Candace Calvert's book! Candace has found a new fan in the Netherlands. Trauma Plan is also releasing in Dutch next year. 
I surely hope our Dutch readers will enjoy the book as much as I did.



__________________________________________________________________

Firethorn
by Ronie Kendig



With Firethorn Ronie Kendig ended an awesome series. How I miss those guys! 
I'm definitely going to read this series again! Anything Ronie writes is worth the read.





__________________________________________________________________

The River
by Michael Neale



The River was an amazing and emotional ride!







__________________________________________________________________

Injustice for All
by Robin Caroll



Robin Caroll has been on my favorite authors list for a couple of years now. She writes original and fast-paced suspense novels. I really enjoyed this first book in her latest series. The second book in this series also released this year and was an awesome book as well.



__________________________________________________________________

Glamorous Illusions
by Lisa T. Bergren



Lisa T. Bergren started a new Young Adult series with Glamorous Illusions
loved reading every page of this book. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next books in this series.
__________________________________________________________________

A Change of Fortune
by Jen Turano



Jen Turano had me laughing out loud with her entertaining novel A Change of Fortune. This certainly is a fun read!






__________________________________________________________________

Veil of Pearls
by MaryLu Tyndall




This book was so good! Definitely my favorite MaryLu Tyndall book so far. The story had me crying and smiling—so beautiful it was! 






37 comments:

  1. Do Like your list as well! Read Pura and do say it is good! have Caroll and Collins on the reader, but have not read them yet.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mirjam! Glad to hear you enjoyed Murray's book. After all those years I know what books you enjoy, so I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy Caroll and Collins as well.

      Delete
  2. oooh, I love favorites lists, especially when I see some of mine. I'd love to read more contemporary suspense, but I can't even keep up with my usual hiotorical romances. Thanks Marian! great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Debra, this was such a fun year with great books. Never before have I enjoyed reading so much as in 2012. It must be because of all the great novels that released this year. I have read more suspense in 2012 then usual. I have only read historicals in 2011, so it was time to do it different this year. I like to read various genres.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I was waiting to see what suspense books you included :) I need to read Gone to Ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone to Ground was really awesome. Brandilyn's new release Double Blind was also great, but I liked Gone to Ground better. :) Have you read any books by Brandilyn Collins, Anne?

      Delete
    2. You know, I want to say yes because her name is so familiar, but I would have to peruse her book list to know for sure. I've read 4 of the books on your list and others by the same authors. I really did enjoy A Change of Fortune! Such a humorous and fast paced book.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your list MARIAN!! There's a few on your list I definitely would've included if I had made my list longer. I won't mention them all except for 'Word's Spoken True' by Ann Gabhart - what a great story that was! And 'A change of fortune' - fantastic! A couple more from your list are high on my TBR pile. And the others sound intriguing! A great selection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all great reads and I think everybody should read them. :) Good to hear that you also enjoyed Ann Gabhart's and Jen Turano's books!

      Delete
  5. I love all of ANN GABHART'S books, but didn't get to her 2012 book in time to put it on my list! :( I still have to read Gone To Ground which you know, MARIAN, is on my Kindle! What a great list...just a few I haven't read but need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually my first book by Ann Gabhart. I hope to read more of her books in the future - I think I have some on my Kindle.
      You're going to love Gone to Ground, Diana. :)

      Delete
  6. Great list MARIAN! I have read eight of them and I think I have a couple more on my kindle. Now to find the time to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that time is a problem, isn't it! Wish I could read 24/7 ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi MARIAN,

    I am deeply honored and touched that you included A Change of Fortune on your list - yours is the very first list I've ever, as in my entire life, made:0) Thank you so much!

    Wishing you all the best,

    ~ JEN ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that I am the first to include you on a list of favorites!! I bet you'll never forget me now. lol

      Delete
  8. Marian, You're always such an encourager and have a HUGE heart. So thrilled to see Eden and Silas on your list among such fine authors. I so wish my books came out monthly:) I wish everyone's books came out monthly! Hopefully the wait will be worth it for Jack and Ellie's story. Thanks for ending the year with such a bibliophilic flourish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said: your books are worth the wait! And it's good that you and other authors don't start writing monthly books, because then I couldn't keep up reading them anymore. ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow! Two days in a row :) Thanks so much, Marian (and Diana). I really needed this encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really deserved a place on my list, Dina! Looking forward to reading more of your work.

      Delete
  10. Marian, what a stellar list, and I'm so very delighted to see my medical drama, Trauma Plan, among them! Your gracious review was instrumental in this book's translation into Dutch, and I'm truly grateful. Thank you for all that you do to put good books into the hands of eager readers.

    Wishing you a blessed 2013,

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Candace! I'm very excited to see Trauma Plan go Dutch. Can't wait to hold a copy in my hands!

      Delete
  11. what a wonderful list! not only because I'm on it but because so many lovely other writers & their titles are on it too! thank goodness you love stories, Marian, and are in a position to share that enthusiasm with the whole wide world - bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just grateful for authors like you and all the others on my list (and the ones I couldn't include) that you share your beautiful stories with readers like me. Blessings to you, my friend!

      Delete
  12. All right Marian, what a GREAT list! There are authors I have come to love, authors I'm still getting to know, and authors I've never heard of that I'm interested in on your list :) Each of these writers has a gift and they are a blessing to us both as readers and as bloggers.
    The only book I've had a chance to enjoy on your list is Trauma Plan, which sooo rocked!
    How did you get The Tutor's Daughter so early???!! Or is it already available? Wow, that one is DEFINITELY on my must have radar :)
    Also want Face of Heaven, Love in Three Quarter's Time and Firethorn.
    I have the first 3 books in the heroes series of Ronie Kendig, but need to find the time to read them :)
    I will be reviewing Change of Fortune soon (can't wait) and I have Veil of Pearls waiting so I have about half your list that I'm waiting to read or about to review. Your taste is solid and you have a variety of talented authors to enjoy, looking forward to more of these books in 2013!!
    So happy to see your list, I have to put mine together :)
    A very happy new year to you, Marian, it's a joy to share these books with you! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it so beautiful Kara - each of these writers has a gift! That's so true!
      I already read The Tutor's Daughter in October. It's such an awesome story. It released in December, so you can get it now. Enjoy!
      Looking forward to reading your list as well, Kara! Let me know when it's up.

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much, Marian, for putting Words Spoken True on your list. So glad you decided to read one of my stories and even happier that you enjoyed the read. It's always a good news day when I hear that one of my titles is going to go Dutch. And your list makes this a good news day too.

    All the books you included on your list look fantastic. I've got some of those authors' books in my already read pile as well as my to read pile. I'm like you. I need a couple of weeks for a stay at home and do nothing but read vacation. But I couldn't get my next book written if I did that. Oh, and thanks, Diana Flowers, for the nice shout out in the comments. Hope you will enjoy my 2012 books when you get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, is Words Spoken True also going Dutch? I haven't heard anything about it yet.
      Glad to make this day a good news day for you! :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! I'm honored to be included on a list with such great authors. Thanks Marian, you made my day! I'm going to have to take some time to read all these other authors on the list. I've read Collins, Frantz, Kendig, and Tyndall, but not the books on this list. So many books, so little time.

    Happy New Year, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynnette, you deserve this place on the list with great authors because that's what you are! Loved reading your first two books and hope to get to the other two in this series during my review break in February/March.

      Delete
  15. Another great list, Marian. Means a lot to me that you enjoy my books and help spread the word. Still wish I'd had a chance to meet you while I was in the Netherlands this fall. Hopefully there will be another opportunity. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I also wish we had met when you were here. Let's hope for another opportunity some day. Blessings to you in 2013.

      Delete
  16. Ahhhh! Thank you for listing Central Park Rendezvous and Firethorn. Sooo glad you enjoyed them. And you've got an amazing list of books for favorites in 2012.

    God bless you, Marian! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ronie! Can't wait to see what great books 2013 will bring to us. Blessings!

      Delete
  17. Thanks so much, Marian!! I so appreciate your steady encouragement. It means more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lisa. I'm just so glad that you write beautiful stories that I enjoy. :)

      Delete
  18. Wow another great set of books that I can't wait to get my hands on. I love to read your selections. You have some authors that I know and some new ones as well. Keep up the good work!!! Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Becky. I hope you get to read some of these books. Blessings!

      Delete

Google Analytics